Purple took the mattress world by storm when it released the Original Purple mattress, which uses Purple’s patented super-elastic polymer for a unique touch. Then, in 2018, Purple released the New Purple mattress collection, which includes Purple 2, Purple 3, and Purple 4.
Thankfully, for those who want to try out the Purple Mattress technology on a smaller scale, or for those who want to expand the Purple line, cushion manufacturers have introduced purple cushions. Purple offers a wide range of saddles and cushions so you can still enjoy the comfort of Purple while working, studying, or reading.
We’ve found these cushions to be especially good for those who spend a lot of time sitting in an office chair while they work. If your back needs extra support and padding, check out our take on the Purple cousin.
1. Advantages and disadvantages of Purple cushion
Here are the pros and cons of purple cushions.
- Excellent longevity and material retains its shape over time
- Comfortable to use for a long time
- Not hot
- Relieve stress
One of the easiest ways to reduce your chances of developing back and spine problems is to upgrade your chair with a seat cushion; specifically a gel seat cushion. Unlike other seat cushion materials such as memory foam, the gel seat cushion ensures instant shaping and support when you sit down or change positions. Thanks to the unique grid format of the Purple cushion, your weight is evenly distributed without any pressure. This provides better support for your spine and puts less stress on your joints.
- More premium cushion styles are a bit pricey
2. Purple seat cushion style
The brand has seven-seat cushions to browse, including a cushion. We’ve given you some brief but important details about each individual cushion below:
- Portable Cushion – The most basic and affordable option. Suitable for hard chairs, vehicles, travel, and sporting events.
- Everywhere Cushion – This cushion has a handle for easy portability. Best for travel, errands, bleachers, or stadium seating.
- Back Pad – Provides support for the spine’s natural curve. Compatible with badly rested seats.
- Simply Cushion – This medium-sized cushion is suitable for soft or firm surfaces. Best for hard chairs, couches or sofas, cars, and office chairs.
- Royal Cushion – It will make a solid surface feel like a throne if you choose the purple royal cushion. Best for hard chairs, office chairs, gaming, and hobbies.
- Double Cushion –This cushion is double-sided, with a harder side and a softer side. Best for soft chairs like couches or couches, cars, hard chairs, and office chairs.
- Ultimate Cushion -The largest, thickest cushion Purple offers. Best for heavier people, hard chairs, soft chairs, sedentary, and truck driving.
3. What is the Purple cushion made of?
All purple mats are made from the 3D-printed super-elastic polymer in the classic purple form. The material wobbles a bit like jelly but still manages to provide support and pressure relief. It is an open cell structure that allows air to flow between the openings.
4. What does a purple saddle feel like
Every model will have a different feel. For example, the Ultimate feels thicker and stronger in the hand, which is why it’s a great choice for heavier people. Double Cushion has a harder side and a softer side. It’s a great option for those under 225 pounds, and it’s our favorite.
It’s perfect for an entire workday. On the other hand, Royal, Portable, and Simply Cushions are thinner and softer. Therefore, they are more suitable for shortened sedentary periods (ie less than 5 hours). After testing the Double Cushion and Ultimate Cushion around the office, we did notice that our cheeks and tailbone were less tired or sore at the end of a long workday. The Ultimate Cushion is our favorite; it’s exactly what it’s like to sit on the Purple 4 mattress.
5. Caring for Purple seat cushions
You can clean your Purple Cushion by separating the cover from the cushion. You can wash the cover in the washing machine, but keep the temperature on low and tumble dry low when you’re done. To clean the Purple cushion itself, hand wash in warm water with a mild detergent. Air dry when done.
6. Is it portable?
Yes. All Purple saddles are very portable, although some may be more portable than others. For example, the Foldaway seat cushion can really be folded in half, making it a great option for slipping into a backpack or luggage when traveling. As a result, the core area receives more support, while the leg gaps receive less support.
To that I should also add that any purple saddle that is less than 1.5 inches thick is very portable. The list will include:
- Portable Seat: 1″ thick
- Folding Seat Cushion: 1.2″ thick
- Easy Seat Cushion: 1.25″ thick
7. Which purple cushions have handles?
In addition to being collapsible and thinner, there are also many mats with carrying handles. Purple seat cushion with handle includes:
- Double seat cushion
- Royal cushion
- Simple cushion
- Portable cushion
- Folding seat cushion
8. Other special allowances
All Purple saddles come with:
- 1-year warranty
- Free Shipping from Purple.com
- 30-day return policy
- Free returns
9. Purple seat cushion review verdict
We really love our purple cushions. These cushions are perfect for anyone who wants to experience super-elastic polymers without having to sleep on them every night, anyone who sits for more than six hours a day, or anyone with a sore tailbone or hip. Purple offers a variety of saddle models for different purposes.
10. Should you buy the purple saddle?
I would recommend purple if you are looking for a saddle that :
- Super Breathable: Purple cushions are made of a highly responsive and breathable super-elastic polymer.
- Washable: The removable cover makes the purple cushion easy to wash. Even the polymer pad itself can be rinsed clean.
- Portable: This seat comes in many different options, but all purple cushions are very lightweight and portable if you plan to pack it or carry it.
There are a few different versions of the purple seat cushion, but the base material is the same for all versions. It’s made from a stretchy polymer that gives it some stretch and stretch while still being breathable and washable. All Purple cushions also feature a removable cover with zipper closure.
Purple’s GelFlex technology keeps your saddle padded, comfortable, and cool while reducing the pressure of light-off tension and adjusting its support cradle to your body shape and movement. Some people who have used the Purple saddle for over 4 years are very satisfied with the support, comfort, and longevity of the saddle.